Technology Hot Buttons are:
- Augmented Reality
- Edge to Edge Displays
- Foldable /Fabric displays
- Ubiquitous Computing
- Seamless Workflow
- Multi-modal User Interfaces and Input Devices
- Operating System Sublimation
I am fortunate to have my chief technology person, Loren, keeping me informed on what is coming down the road. He shared this video with me that I suspect you will enjoy and find it mind stretching. Go to Vision of the Future and press the PLAY button.
Twenty Years of Apple History … Bankruptcy to the Biggest
If there is any doubt about how fast technology can change and a company’s fortunes along with it; look at Apple. Twenty years ago Apple had a fraction of the market, failed products, and little hope of success. Today they show record profits,the largest market capitalization, and a stock ratio that assumes there is no end in sight. Looking back over a few short years we see:
- 2010 – The iPad was released to market with great doubt about whether it was something people would use.
- 2007 – The iPhone was announced along with a new business model that has changed mobile computing forever.
- 2005 – Motorola released the first phone with iTunes.
- 2001 – The very basic iPod was announced into a market filled with hundreds of competitors.
- 2000 – Bill Gates had bailed out Steve Jobs three times to avoid bankruptcy.
- 1993 – Apple delivered the Newton MessagePad that was deemed a market failure
Apple’s story is only one example of what can happen in twenty years.
Are you ready for what will happen in the next twenty years?