If you are spending time with family or friends over the holidays … you may need to make an apology. Let me share five steps for an effective apology – you may need them!
- Express your sincere regret
- Acknowledge responsibility
- Declare your repentance or regret
- Offer to repair any damage you created
- Humbly request their forgiveness
And remember – saying, “I’m sorry you feel I hurt your feelings” is NOT an apology! May you have a wonderful holiday season and 2020!
Executive presence tip – Carol Keers